I grew up in a wonderful home with an amazing mother. My 2 grandmothers lived close by and we were spoiled by them. One was named Anna and the other Rhea Anna. And so my handle if you will is Granny Ann. Together those 3 women taught me everything and taught me how to love living life by hand. I hope you enjoy the adventure as much as I have.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Spoon Bread

Bread, bread, bread. You can never have enough bread. That is what my taste buds say over and over. My body doesn't always appreciate my insatiable appetite for the warm, make-the-house-smell-like-a-million-dollars comfort food. But my Zumba teacher knows that is what really keeps me coming back to class. So I should really say that it's the best of both worlds because I do love Zumba as well.


Here is the latest bread that I tried. It is something I found on Pinterest. It is very similar to my Artisan/bucket bread but it is stickier and you just spoon it into a pan as soon as all ingredients are stirred together. So I call it Spoon Bread.

1 Loaf Recipe

1 3/8 cups warm water
2 teaspoons instant yeast
1/2 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
2 3/4 cups flour

Measure flour, sugar and salt into a bowl and whisk together. Set aside. Measure warm water (not hot and not, not cold), into a large bowl. Sprinkle yeast on top of water. Add dry ingredients and stir with a large wooden spoon until all are combined. Spray a regular loaf pan with Pam. Spoon dough into pan and tap lightly on counter. Allow dough to double in size rising to just over the top of the pan. Bake at 350ยบ F for 35 minutes or until the top is a golden brown. Brush top of bread with butter and try to wait 10 minutes before cutting it.

4 Loaf Recipe

5 1/2 cups warm water
7 teaspoons instant yeast
2 Tablespoons salt
3 Tablespoons sugar
11 cups flour

Same directions as above except divide the dough into 4 loaf pans that have been sprayed with Pam or well greased with Crisco.
 

Warning: Only make 1 or 2 loaves at a time because you will eat it all in one sitting. If you should have any left over it does make terrific toast. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment